Thursday, September 24, 2009

Build your own bike lift

I don't know about you guys but I am honestly tired of laying on the floor to fix my bikes or to even check them over thoroughly. Having my little Hobart 140 mig welder and a big imagination at my disposal, I thought why not build my own damn lift and save mucho dinero. Well, quite a few other folks thought the same notion and thankfully laid down some solid evidence to prove it can be done easily and with minimal effort. I can either pay for the blueprints or draw up my own and change as needed to fit my shop. Knowing how I operate, I will draw them up simply for the challenge. Luckily for me, the local steel shop will even deliver if you order a certain amount and will cut down the large sizes if needed. Here are a few photos from a fella on the Miller forum. Bad ass set up and he said it cost about $200 in supplies. Maybe I will have a lift operational before halloween, stay tuned...

Miller Welds Forum

Plans For Sale On Ebay