Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Rancid Tuesday

Today, a buddy of mine had a post about a new side project by Matt Freeman of Rancid, so of course I had to check it out. It sounds great as Rancid always puts out solid albums and seems to be a logical creative direction to head into. Still, will never forget back in '94 when Lars got me and a buddy into their sold out show in Baltimore at the one and only Hammer Jacks. We drove 3 hours to the show only to find it to be sold out when they were opening for the Offspring with the PeeTanks as opening act. Thanks Lars, I have never forgotten that. A couple of years later I ended up moving to San Francisco and would always see Lars at shows and I finally got to thank him again. Cool thing was that he always paid for every show he went to as he wanted to put his money back into the music scene that gave rise to Rancid, for that lets do a triple threat of Rancid.

Matt Freeman's side project - Devils Brigade