Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Driven - A Father & Son's Eccentric Roadtrip Into Their Estranged Past

So I'm a sucker for a great story and my good friend Niels Hobbs is full of them. I met Niels sometime in 2004 and really got to know each other over marathon sessions of coffee consumption at the local coffee shop. He would tell me all these amazing stories of his mother and father and the adventures they had traveling the world in a 1930's British taxi. Seriously? Well he's the proof... A british team of filmakers decided to tell the story of Niels parents Alfred & Jakobine and their adventures. On top of that, they filmed Niels and Alfred recently restoring the taxi and driving it from Taos, NM to upstate New York to surprise Jakobine with one last spin in the taxi. I'm honored to have met both Alfred and Jakobine on a few occasions and I'm thrilled that their story was made into a documentary. This one tugs on the heartstrings...

- Jay Berndt

Dig deep into the story through their blog


Driven, Trailer/Demo from Jonathan Howells on Vimeo.